We were all supposed to bring something for lunch that would go along with sandwich stuff.
I decided I wanted to bring dessert, a bar cookie in particular.
Now, I have some good bar cookie recipes, but decided I wanted to try a new one. Therefore, I went online and typed in “best bar cookie ever” and determined to make the first recipe that came up.
Which is this.
So, how did they turn out?
Very rich. Very, VERY rich. Very, VERY calorific.
But good. Don’t know if I would say the best over, but definitely good. Actually, they were better this evening with some whipped cream on them.
WHAT YOU NEED
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups oats (like Quaker Oats)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups melted butter
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 12oz. jar of caramel ice cream topping
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
WHAT YOU DO
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9×13 pan,
3. Stir together the flour, oats, sugars, salt and baking soda. Then stir in butter. Put half of the mixture in pan and press, forming a crust.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly brown.
5. Put chocolate on crust. As they melt, spread on the crust.
6. Stir the caramel into 6 tablespoons flour. Spread on top of the chocolate.
7. Crumple the rest of the crust mixture on top of the caramel.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.