From 10 things to do in Northern Georgia to 10 things to do in the Central Valley of California.
My guest blogger today is Cindy. The first day I met Cindy, we drove across Central California in my rental PT Cruiser – and did something that is on a lot of people’s lists of “things to do.” We went to In-N-Out Burger. The same ‘ole, same ‘ole to Cindy, but that was my first (and I think ONLY time) to enjoy one of their delicious burgers.
I am not actually IN California experiencing these things at the present (though I wish I were), but Cindy agreed to guest blog and give us all some good visiting information.
So, heeeerrrrreeeee’sssss Cindy. (She even add five extra tourists attractions – so you have your itinerary all planned if you’re heading west.)
1. Hilmar Cheese – take the tour (make sure you do the one that includes making ice cream), stay for lunch and buy some squeakers to take home.
2. Knight’s Ferry – http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/KnightsFerry.htm (here’s info. on it, not necessarily for the motorcycle roads).
3. Oakdale Chocolate Festival – http://www.modbee.com/2010/05/14/1167634/18th-annual-oakdale-chocolate.html
I’ve not actually been to it, but someday …
4. While in Oakdale also go to the Cowboy Museum. A couple of years ago there was a debate between Oakdale and some town in TX as to which was the Cowboy capital. Apparently Oakdale won.
5. Columbia – Gold Rush Town, ride the stagecoach, take in a show at the Fallon House (Sierra Repertory Theater http://www.columbiacalifornia.com/
6. Dance to Jim Ingram’s Big Band most Wed. at the Turlock Senior Center [EDITOR’S NOTE – Cindy actually plays IN this band.]
7. Eat at a Taco Truck – my favorite is El Hidalguense on East Ave & Center St., Turlock
8. Or at the Latin Grill on Golden State Blvd.
9. Be sure to see where President George HW Bush sat at Latif’s restaurant – and have some pie – Golden State blvd & Olive Ave, Turlock
10. Castle Air Museum, Atwater
11. Visit the McHenry Mansion, Modesto – at Christmas
12. On Thursdays in the summer listen to the MoBand at Graceada Park – http://www.modestoband.org/history.aspx
13. Take a stroll on the beautiful Cal State Univ Stanislaus campus – http://www.csustan.edu/Galleries/VirtualTour/ (scroll down to sequoia lake)
14. Take in a Minor League Baseball – Modesto Nuts (Rockies), Fresno Grizzlies (Giants), Stockton Port (A’s)
15. For the best strawberries ever – stop by the strawberry stand at the corner of Monte Vista Ave and Walnut Ave. They’re freshly picked and they taste like they’ve been dipped in sugar.