Here’s a dessert idea that is fun for the whole family.
1. Prepare a dozen plain, white cupcakes. (Plain white seems to work best so the taste doesn’t overpower the flavors in the frosting.)
2. Mix white frosting with cocoa and yellow coloring until you create a spaghetti-colored tint.
3. Put frosting in a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. (I could’ve made the hole smaller than what I did.) Squeeze spaghetti onto the cupcakes.
4. Top with a piece of round, chocolate candy. Some people use malted-milk balls. We used Ferrero Rondnoir.
Dip the balls in a small amount of strawberry or cherry jam. (Strawberry looks a little saucier because of the consistency, but cherry and chocolate is a popular flavor combination.)
5. Top with grated white chocolate and enjoy.