The last couple days have been busy.
Yesterday was busy and hot.
We did not have electricity from about eight yesterday morning until after nine last night and the house well … the house was hot.
But we have a lot for which to be thankful.
1. We didn’t lose anything – well, maybe a few things from the freezer, and a stick of butter or two, but that’s about it.
2. We did get our electricity back on – 394,000 are still without.
3. After the storm blew through, the sun came out which meant there weren’t sump pumps and rain to worry about.
4. I had a great book here I wanted to read, so I sat out in the backyard and read it. (No technology to distract me.)
5. We are not riding across the prairie in our covered wagon with several layers of long skirts on and no iced tea in sight. (I always think about that when I get bogged down in summer heat).