Welcome to my guest blogger: Rebecca Gates
Rebecca and I went to Moody together and knew each other well enough to say “hi,” but that’s about it. ,
But we both liked to write. (I DID know that about her.)
A few years ago I was speaking at an Awana conference in Indiana and mentioned something about being a Moody graduate, and aftewards, Rebecca’s husband came up and asked if I knew her. Then Facebook happened and we have become Facebook friends – I mean – not just “friends,” but friends who comment a lot on each other’s posts.
I think it’s that liking-to-write-thing that has connected us.
So here is Rebecca’s list of things to do in Indiana. (Just a side note – the best place I ever visited in Indiana was Goshen Hospital where I had my adorable daughter.)
2. Science Central – inspiring and fun hands-on science education for people of all ages.
3. Jefferson Pointe Mall – the finest shopping, dining and entertainment options in a refreshing, open-air shopping environment or Glenbrook Square (indoors)
4. County Extension Display Gardens on the Indiana University/Purdue Fort Wayne campus
Festivals – including Riverfest, the Three Rivers Festival, and the Johnny Appleseed Festival (Johnny Appleseed’s grave is also here)
5. Hyde Brothers – an intriguing used book store
6. Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory – Featuring a showcase garden with lush seasonal displays, a tropical garden with orchids and palms, and a desert garden
8. Tin Cap Stadium – exciting downtown site of our minor league baseball team
9. Fort Wayne Parks – beautiful parks with well-maintained flowers and features. My favorites include Lakeside Rose Gardens and Foster Park. There are golf courses, biking and hiking trails, and children’s playgrounds and water pads throughout the city.