Studying abroad has many benefits, here are some of the most important reasons why:
- Living your dream of travelling
- Diversity of academic programmes
- Friends from all over the world
- Learn a new language
- Add international experience to your CV
- Experience new cultures
- Discover new ways of thinking
- Access to high quality education
- International job opportunities
- Create a global network of contacts
- Personal and professional development
- Self-knowledge and personal growth
- Get out of your comfort zone and face new challenges.
Studying abroad can be an enriching and transformative experience. Here are 13 reasons why studying abroad can be an excellent choice:
- Cultural experience: Studying abroad allows students to experience a new culture and lifestyle, which can be an enriching and transformative experience.
- Language enhancement: Studying in a country where another language is spoken can significantly improve students’ language skills.
- Broadening international perspective: Exposure to different cultures and ways of thinking can broaden students’ perspective and help them better understand the world around them.
- CV enhancement: The experience of studying abroad can be very valuable to future employers and can significantly improve a student’s CV.
- Networking opportunities: Studying abroad can allow students to establish international contacts and expand their network.
Increased confidence and independence: Studying abroad can help students develop coping, independence and problem-solving skills.
- Travel opportunities: Studying abroad can also provide students with the opportunity to travel and explore new places.
- Different educational approaches: Students can experience different educational approaches and learn from international teachers and classmates.
- Intercultural learning: Studying abroad can allow students to learn from other international students and develop intercultural skills.
- Unique experiences: Students can experience new and unique things, such as cultural festivals or local sports.
- Personal development: The study-abroad experience can be an opportunity for personal growth and the development of social and emotional skills.
- Improved tolerance and empathy: Exposure to different cultures can help students develop greater tolerance and empathy for others.
- Possibility to work abroad: The experience of studying abroad can provide students with the opportunity to work abroad after graduation.
Tips for studying abroad
The most important thing to do before making this decision is to question yourself and begin to consider a number of things.
Initially, you should be very clear: What is your goal, what motivates you to make the decision, where and what do you want to study abroad, when do you want to study abroad, do you want to gain experience, what do you want to gain from this experience, do you want to learn or improve another language, do you want to be more autonomous, do you want to learn about other cultures, and which ones, do you want to learn about another way of studying or working in another country?
These and many other questions are the ones that you should start to develop so that according to all this you can have a clear idea of the procedure and programme that best suits your needs and personal objectives.
What do I have to do to study abroad?
When you make this decision, you must begin to complete various procedures that may vary depending on your age, the country to which you wish to travel, as well as the courses you are going to study and their duration.
You should bear in mind that you should prepare all these procedures well in advance, as most of these processes are very slow and you should have all your papers in order before making the decision to go; otherwise, you may miss the enrolment dates for your studies, miss a plane ticket because you don’t have a valid visa to travel, have to take an official language exam or have to wait another year to reapply for a scholarship.