To work as a cleaner in Canada, wages and tips vary according to the province in which you work. However, it is estimated that the salary for this position is between $15 to $20 per hour. Some tips for getting this job include having cleaning and organisational skills, looking for job opportunities in hotels and flats, as well as through recruitment agencies. It is also important to have a good level of English and be willing to work a varied schedule.
Working as a cleaner in Canada may be a good option for those seeking employment in the service industry who have no previous experience. Here is some salary information and some tips for success in this job:
The salary for a cleaner in Canada varies depending on location, type of work and experience. The minimum wage in Canada varies between CAD 12 and CAD 16 per hour.
In general, cleaners can earn between CAD 15 and CAD 20 per hour, with the possibility of earning more if they have experience and additional skills, such as deep cleaning or carpet cleaning.
Although working as a cleaner may not require previous experience, it is important to display positive skills and attitudes to excel in the job. Punctuality, attention to detail and the ability to work independently are valued characteristics of cleaners.
Many cleaning jobs require basic communication skills in English or French, so it can be useful to improve your language skills before looking for a job.
It is important to be polite and respectful to customers and employers in order to maintain a good working relationship. It is also important to be careful and respectful of customers’ objects and belongings when cleaning.
To improve your skills and job opportunities, you may consider taking professional cleaning courses or seeking relevant certifications.
In summary, working as a cleaner in Canada can be a viable option for those seeking employment in the service industry. Salary varies depending on location, type of work and experience, and can be enhanced by acquiring additional skills and relevant certifications. To be successful in this job, it is important to be punctual, attentive to detail and have basic communication skills in English or French.
What type of visa do I need if I want to work as a cleaner in Canada?
If you want to work as a cleaner in Canada, you can apply for two types of visas with which you can get a work permit.
Student visa for Canada
This type of visa (Study Permit) is a permit with which you have the possibility to study in Canada for courses lasting more than 6 months. The Study Permit will have the same duration as the course you have decided to study and will also allow you to work as a cleaner in Canada for half a day, i.e. 20 hours a week while you are working and full time, i.e. 40 hours a week when you are on holiday,
What do I need to apply for the Canadian Study Permit?
If you want to apply for a Study Permit to work as a cleaner in Canada, you will need some documents and certificates to submit to the Canadian Immigration Department. You usually apply online or at the embassy in your country. Here are the main requirements.
- You must be enrolled in a course or degree at one of Canada’s government-accredited institutions. There are many options for study, whether it’s English, French or another course of interest to you.
- You will need a letter of acceptance from the institution certifying that you have enrolled and for how long you will study in Canada.
- A valid passport, valid for at least 6 months.
- Two recently taken passport-size photos. On the back must be your full name and date of birth.
- You must have a certificate to support that you have earnings of at least $883 CAD.
- You must have a medical examination to certify that you are in good health.
- A document certifying that you have no criminal record in your country, it must be official.
- In case you are going to study a postgraduate or undergraduate degree you will need to certify that you know English or French.
- A letter of motivation explaining why you want to study in Canada and why you chose to study the course you will study.
- If you will be studying in the province of Quebec, you will also need to apply for a letter of acceptance from the Quebec government.
- A letter of motivation explaining why you are going to study in Canada and what you want to learn in the course you have chosen.
- Pay the $150 CAD visa fee.